The iSAQB® and the IREB® Agree on Closer Cooperation
Frankfurt am Main, February 9, 2023: The International Software Architecture Qualification Board (iSAQB®) and the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB®) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for deeper strategic collaboration. Both organizations have agreed to promote and further develop the IT disciplines of software architecture and requirements engineering together as complementary approaches in the future. As part of this collaboration, iSAQB® and IREB® have defined the following priorities:
• The promotion of the content quality of training and certification at the interface of software architecture and requirements engineering.
• The development and international recognition of disciplines and professions in software architecture and requirements engineering.
• The mutual promotion, recognition, and cooperation between the members of both boards.
Companies and organizations around the world are facing major challenges as a result of rapidly advancing digitization and a simultaneous shortage of skilled workers. Existing business models are increasingly being questioned or completely realigned. The demand for qualified software architects and requirements engineers is growing steadily in this rapidly changing environment. iSAQB® and IREB® offer internationally recognized education and training courses as well as certifications to meet the increasing demand for qualifications.
“It is important to seize the opportunities of digital transformation and to help shape it sustainably. Professional requirements engineering and sustainable requirements engineering-oriented software architecture play an essential role in this process”, says Mahbouba Gharbi, Chairwoman of the International Software Architecture Qualification Board.
Participants at the signing of the agreement, from left to right:
- Stan Bühne, Managing Director of IREB GmbH
- Dr. Kim Lauenroth, Chairman of the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) e. V.
- Mahbouba Gharbi, Chairwoman of the International Software Architecture Qualification Board e. V.
- Mirko Hillert, Managing Director of iSAQB GmbH